This morning the kiddies had their 6 month dental check-up.
Logenn was 5 when she got her first and only cavity, so far (knock on wood). When she went to get it filled, because it was a baby tooth, she had the option to pick a colored filling. She picked a pretty periwinkle color. When we came to Texas, her new hygienist and dentist commented on her cool filling. And now remember her as, "oh yeah, your the girl with the blue filling, I remember you." Well, today she didn't have her regular hygienist. After what I thought was a long cleaning, the hygienist turned to me and asked, "is this blue thing a filling in her tooth?"
My reply, "YES."
Then she said, " No wonder I couldn't get it clean, I thought it was a piece of candy stuck in her tooth."
Umm, obviously she didn't look at the x-rays first. And, HELLO, do you really think I would bring my kids to the dentist with dirty teeth? I think not. ;)
SMILE! Hadley did great. She just has to go back next month to get sealants put on her new molars.
Say AHH! Braeden did great saying ahh when we practiced, but when it came to the dentist actually looking in his mouth he got a little ticked off. Luckily a sticker and a toothbrush cheered him up.
Everyone walked away with no cavities, YEAH!


2 comments:
No small accomplishment to be cavity free! Hooray!
Cute pics of the kids...and I must say I have never heard of colored fillings! And there are THREE dentists in my family!
A color filling sounds so cool! Thats great that nobody had any cavities! Keep up the good brushing and flossing!!
Post a Comment