Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bluebonnet Sunday





Spring is my most favorite time of year, the green trees and blooming flowers are so beautiful. After Conference I decided to try another Bluebonnet Sunday. Though I am grateful for the few good shots that turned out okay, this year's picture taking did not go as smoothly as last year.
Two reasons...
1) Braeden was uncooperative and did not want to sit with the girls at all.
2) We accidentally disturbed a fire ant hill and all of us suffered a bite or two or three or four. OUCH!!!


Braeden's trying to tell me that he's hurting but I just thought he was getting grouchy and wanted to leave. (I know, I'm a terrible mom). Then, not even two seconds later Hadley screamed that she got bit, then I knew. AUGH! If only he would talk.

Braeden suffered the most bites. Thank goodness it was only four. Three on one leg and one on the other. I felt so bad. Luckily no one was in pain for to long, thanks to the handy dandy "After Bite" I happened to have in the car.

And I was worried about mice and snakes. Note to self: next year, be on the look out for fire ant hills, too.

13 comments:

Kim said...

I remember your pix from last year!!! Love 'em! What an awesome place for taking pix!

mnB said...

ahhh... mean ol' ants!!! the pix are still great though :)

btw... i just got your christmas card on easter! haha guess its a little too late to get together! :) next time hopefully! i know the girls would have a blast together.

Kim said...

Very cute pics of the kids! I know all too well about finding the right spot! I too last year got eaten up...and have heard of many others having the same problem. Sorry...but still super cute!

Rachel said...

Ouch! Poor Braeden, that look on his face is so sad.

The blue bonnets are so beautiful! I love that you photograph the kids in them each year!

J & M Shumate Family said...

I'm missing the blue blonnets this year....ARGH!!!! I love blue bonnet pics....and I especially love the kids all holding hands and walking together...too sweet! p.s. I HATE FIRE ANTS!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Your kids walking hand-in-hand is so cute!

Michele said...

You're such a prepared mom, having the antidote right there in the car. The girls look more alike than I'd noticed. Maybe it's having Logenn without her glasses. Poor sweet Braeden and all those pesky ants!

mistyp said...

Ouch! Those pics turned out so well though! Wish we were there to take some this year! We're in snow, instead. :) I can't believe your countdown is only 24 days! Time goes sooooo fast!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and Grammy wants copies for herself. I love the one with the 3 of them walking and I hate those ANTS!!!!! See you guys soon! Love you guys, Grammy

The Valentine Fam said...

Darn those ants! I remember sitting in an ant pile once and it hurt!! The pictures are so cute and the one of all three I love.

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

Yay, I am so excited that I will be able to keep in touch with your family!!! Sorry to hear about the fire ants...they sure are mean! Love the pics though, we still haven't gotten round to paying a visit to the blue bonnets!

Leah said...

I love the pictures. I want to take pictures in blue bonnets. Where did you take them?
Sorry about Braeden. Poor guy.
I'll remember to look out for hills! :)

Nicole -Berrett Photography said...

ya, jaden got attacked on his birthday last week! and i too thought he was just getting grumpy!! he had like 20bites though!! poor boys!!