Saturday, June 6, 2009

B turns 3

When Braeden was asked what he wanted for his birthday his response never changed. He wanted a SPACESHIP cake. We could of skipped all of the presents and fun, all he talked about was the cake.
When he woke up from his nap, dad surprised him with a ball and hoop.

Trying out his new ball and glove with a little catch.

His day was very laxadaisy. Phone calls from loved ones. A few gifts here and there, including cash to spend. Dinner and swimming with cousins. Then of course, the (long awaited) cake and ice cream. He loved it.

My favorite part of the day...
When I was decorating his cake he came into the kitchen and wanted to watch, and every so often would say, "Thank You mom. I LOVE my spaceship cake." So sweet!

Happy day! We love our B-man!

9 comments:

Smith Memos said...

What a cute cake!!

Brianne said...

Happy b-day Braed I love the cake too so cute! Good job mom!
xoxoxoxo

Holly said...

And a well deserved thank you for that awesome cake! Your family is so grown up. And so CUTE!

R&R said...

Happy birthday B! and Good job on the cake Tina!

Kendra said...

Good Job Tina! That cake is awesome! And what a cutie to appreciate your work because it was important to him.

Anonymous said...

It sounded like a great day and I am trully sad I miss it! We love you Braeden and what a cool cake Mom. Nothing is better than the Love and Joy on your child's face. And Dad I think you did you part with the basketball hoop and baseball glove!! A Dad after his own son Heart!!! Love Grammy and Grandpy

mistyp said...

Such a creative cake! Can't believe he's this old though!

Leah said...

I love that he was so thankful. What a sweetheart. He is such a handsome boy. Audrey is marrying him you know.

J & M Shumate Family said...

Seriously, I LOVE Braeden's cake!!! Yes, it is hard to believe our boys are already 3!! Time flies.....