Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all mom's.
Breakfast in Bed . . . This morning when I woke up I was instructed to stay in bed. I could hear occasional scrambling and every once in a while Mike would come in if he couldn't find something in the kitchen. About 30 minutes later Mike came back and told me to act like I was sleeping and when I "wake up" to act surprised. The girls were so excited to serve me breakfast in bed. I was greeted with hugs, kisses and store bought, homemade and school made gifts and cards.

Me and my kiddies.

These are the cards Logenn and Hadley made in primary today. Inside they read, "God took the fragrance of a flower... The majesty of a tree... The gentleness of morning dew... The calm of a quiet sea... The beauty of the twilight hour... The soul of a starry night... The laughter of a rippling brook... The grace of a bird in flight... Then God fashioned from these things a creation like no other, and when his masterpiece was through, He called it simply -- Mother."


A while back we were walking through the gardens at an Arboretum and came across this quote. I loved it and took a picture so I wouldn't forget it. It rings so true. We love our mom's and wish you a Happy Mother's Day. We can't thank you enough for all you do.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a nice mother's day you had! Dang it! I made all the food today! :)
You look beautiful TINA! A great picture of you and your kiddies!

Wurtz Gang said...

Happy Mother's Day Tina!! The poem that you shared was so beautiful thank you.

The Valentine Fam said...

You have such a cute family! Sounds like a wonderful mother's day.