This morning was Hadley's Kindergarten Graduation. All six classes walked up to the stage to "Pomp and Circumstance". They sang the cutest songs and then each individual child was called forward and given a certificate. Then it was off to the classroom to say goodbye to friends and teachers. Sweet little Hadley held her tears until we got home. When we walked in the door she darted to her room, so I went to check on her and found her sobbing. She said she loves her friends and teacher so much and already misses them. So sad. We had a long talk about moving on but being able to still keep our friends and stay in touch. Later, I asked her if she was doing okay and she said she's fine, she just needed to get the tears out. She's a dear heart.Friday, May 25, 2007
Kinder Grad
This morning was Hadley's Kindergarten Graduation. All six classes walked up to the stage to "Pomp and Circumstance". They sang the cutest songs and then each individual child was called forward and given a certificate. Then it was off to the classroom to say goodbye to friends and teachers. Sweet little Hadley held her tears until we got home. When we walked in the door she darted to her room, so I went to check on her and found her sobbing. She said she loves her friends and teacher so much and already misses them. So sad. We had a long talk about moving on but being able to still keep our friends and stay in touch. Later, I asked her if she was doing okay and she said she's fine, she just needed to get the tears out. She's a dear heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a sweet and tender little spirit! Guess that's the difference between boys and girls. She looks so grown up and it's hard to believe she is on to first grade...a full day of school!
Unfortunately Kindergarten is full day here. It's so hard on the little ones at the beginning of the year, especially for those who have never had any Preschool. (I'm glad I don't have to experience that again for a few more years.) Personally, I prefer half day Kindergarten. They're only little once.
I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Hopefully the fun summer days will soon take their minds off of school!
Post a Comment