I was trying to think about what would be a good thing to post for Sunday. Usually throughout the week we post something that reflects what is going on in our lives or something kinda funny that we came across. But, being that it is Sunday, I felt that it would be appropriate to post something that is a little more in the spiritual realm. After all, it never hurts to have a quiet moment to reflect on something spiritual on a Sunday.
Having said that, here is something to think about:
Speaking of prayer, President Hinckley once said, "[b]elieve in prayer and the power of prayer. Pray to the Lord with the expectation of answers. I suppose there is not a man or woman in this entire congregation today who doesn't pray. I hope that is so. The trouble with most of our prayers is that we give them as if we were picking up the telephone and ordering groceries-we place our order and hang up. We need to meditate, contemplate, think of what we are praying about and for, and then speak to the Lord as one man speaketh to another. 'Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord' (Isaiah 1:18). That is the invitation . . ."
What would our lives be like, and the world for that matter, if we took it upon ourselves (including our world leaders) to always approach the Lord in this way? It's something to think about.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment